I have a friend in Amsterdam who has a beautiful garden. She has just had serious surgery. Three years ago, when I had surgery, she sent me a card with dutch tulips on it. We mainly communicate through the chat on a game we play (my husband calls us “Modern Day Pen Pals”), but it is such a treat to get real mail from a far away place. Here is what I made to mail to her.
- Whisper White Cardstock – two 5 1/4″ x 4″, and 2 1/2″ x 1 3/4″
- Garden Green Cardstock – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″ and 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
- I ran the small piece of Whisper White through my die cut machine with the Stitched Oval (2 1/4″ x 1 1/4″).
- I used the Beautiful Friendship Photopolymer Stamp Set to stamp the roses in Flirty Flamingo on one of the 5 1/4″ x 4″ Whisper Whites. I added the flower centers in Gray Granite. I added the leaves in Garden Green.
- I stamped the roses and leaves on the lower right corner of the inside Whisper White panel and glued it with Tombow Liquid Adhesive.
- I stamped the roses and leaves on the lower left corner of the envelope. So fun to have matching sets.
- I stamped the You Are Loved sentiment from the Forever Lovely Photopolymer Stamp Set in Garden Green Ink on the Whisper White Oval. I adhered this to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals (using a double one where the “d” overhung the lower frame).
- I used my paper trimmer to cut out the center with a 3/4″ border to make a frame. You could use rectangle dies if you prefer.
- I glued the floral frame to the card front with Tombow Liquid Adhesive.
- I glued the floral insert to the rectangle of Garden Green Cardstock. I adhered this to the card front with Stampin’ Dimenstionals to give it a pop.
- I added three Pearl Basic Jewels (the rule of 3s in art).
I hope you enjoyed this lovely card and I hope it will brighten my friend, Matty’s, day.
Happy Stamp Dabbling!Product List
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order With Me Shop button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email at stampdabbles@gmailcom if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
October Host Code: RB9ZR6RC
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code…you’ll still get the free gift, but you’ll also get Hostess Gifts. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in in either the 2019-20 Annual Catalog or the 2019 Holiday Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Customer Rewards page for full details.