It’s no wonder Peaceful Poppies Suite is most popular in the January – June 2020 Mini Catalog. It is gorgeous and oh so easy to create with. Tonight I made two cards featuring just the Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper and sentiments from the Peaceful Moments stamp set. You will also notice that I adjusted the sentiments to fit the spaces where I wanted them. More on that below. Enjoy!
Card 1 Cutting
- Old Olive Card Base: 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5 1/2″
- Whisper White Card Front: 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Real Red Cardstock: 2 3/8″ x 5 1/2″
- Peaceful Poppies DSP: 2 1/8″ x 5 1/4″
I wanted the Thank You sentiment to fit in the blank area to the right of the DSP so I used a Masking technique to split it to two lines. Once I placed the stamp on the block, I used the sticky part of a Post It Note (or Washi Tape) to cover “You”. I inked the stamp in Tuxedo Black Ink, removed the Post It Note and stamped just the “Thank’ on the card front. Repeat for the second line. I will warn you, the hardest part is to remember to remove the Post It (with the ink on it) from the Stamp before you go to your paper. I don’t know why that is, but it is.
Card 1 Inside
- Peaceful Poppies DSP Strip: 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Whisper White Cardstock: 3 7/16″ x 5 1/4
- Same technique for the sentiment.
Card 2 Cutting
- Whisper White Cardbase: 4 1/4″ x 11 scored at 5 1/2″
- Basic Black Cardstock: 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Peaceful Poppies DSP: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″
- Whisper White Tag die cut from the Painted Labels Dies
Card 2 Inside
- Old Olive Cardstock: 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Peaceful Poppies DSP Stip: 1/8″ x 5 1/8″
- Whisper White Cardstock: 3 5/8″ x 5 1/8″
Adhesive and Embellishment
There are three (3) Peaceful Poppies Sequins adhered to the front of each card using Mini Glue DOTS. The layers were adhered with Snail with the exception of the small DSP strip on Card 2 which required Liquid Adhesive.Product List
January-June 2020 Mini Catalog & 2020 Sale-a-bration Brochure Online!
If you haven’t seen the new January-June 2020 Mini Catalog, click here or on the image above to open an online PDF copy.
And if you haven’t see the 2020 Sale-a-bration Brochure, click here or on the image above to open the online PDF.
January Host Code: QMDAST66
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code because you’ll qualify for hostess benefits (and you’ll still get the free gift). The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in in either the 2019-20 Annual Catalog or the January-June 2020 Mini Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards Page for full details.
Please let me know if you have any questions. If you do not have a demonstrator I would love to send you the new catalog and Sale-a-bration brochure. Just email me at email@example.com.
Happy Stamp Dabbling!