Next week I am hosting a Stampin’ Workshop for a group of stamping friends and customers. I am featuring cards from the Peaceful Poppies Suite and the Honey Bee Bundle. Here are a few takeaways I’ve been preparing for the participants.
- The Name Tag is layered using a Stitched So Sweetly Die topped with an oval from Stitched Shapes Dies (that’s a piece cardstock covering the last name for confidentiality). The Honey Bee is mounted on a dimensional after using a bone folder to curl his wings. The base of the tag is laminated to allow me to reuse them and to change the accent to match the theme of the workshop.
- I used the Stamparatus to expedite stamping in two steps (Crushed Curry and Black). I inserted a half piece of the heavy weight cardboard into the bag to ensure even stamping and prevent bleed through. The identification tag is cut using the Trio of Tags Dies. Participants can keep track of their projects without getting them confused and can up-cycle the bag for gift giving later.
- The water bottle tag flowers and hello were stamped on a single block to make that go quickly. The dimensions are 2″ x 8″ scored along the 8″ side at 2 1/4″ and 6 1/4″. The hole is made with a 1 1/4″ punch. I laid the pocket front against the palm of my hand (before gluing the sides) and ran my bone folder across to bend the fibers a little to prepare room for the drink mix to easily insert. I think I will purchase some lemonade flavor drink mix to coordinate with the paper better.
- The packet on the easel holds three (3) Merci chocolates. The bee is die cut from the DSP and mounted with a dimensional. The sentiment is stamped on another Stitched So Sweetly Die. The Gold Shimmer ribbon is tied to the front flap only and the box secured with velcro dots. It is CASEd from The Paper Pixie. You can find the dimensions here.
- At the time I schedule the workshop and issued the projects, the Golden Honey Specialty DSP from Sale-A-Bration was not sold out. Fortunately, I had chosen a 2nd package earlier. I am happily sharing it in 6×6 cuts with my guest for their future use. And luckily, the majority of our projects use the Peaceful Poppies Suite.
It is so nice to be able to coordinate a theme. It’s one of the perks of stamping and Stampin’ Up!’s coordinating products.
If you happen to be in the Huntsville, Alabama area and would like to attend workshops, just drop me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I’ll add you to the distribution (bcc for confidentiality). I’d love to meet you and have more stampin’ friends.
Please let me know if you have any questions. If you do not have a demonstrator I would love to send you the new catalog and Sale-a-bration Two Brochure as well as the other catalogs. Just email me at email@example.com.
Happy Stamp Dabbling!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – See Customer Rewards here. It’s my way to say thank you!
- In addition to my online store, I also take PayPal payments for orders. See the bottom of the Customer Rewards page here for details.
March Host Code: YYXUCN9Q
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code because you’ll qualify for hostess benefits (and you’ll still get the free gift). The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in in either the 2019-20 Annual Catalog or the January-June 2020 Mini Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards Page for full details.
January-June 2020 Mini Catalog & 2020 Sale-a-bration Brochure Online!
If you haven’t seen the new January-June 2020 Mini Catalog, click here or on the image above to open an online PDF copy.
And if you haven’t see the 2020 Sale-a-bration Brochure, click here or on the image above to open the online PDF.