Tonight I made a spinner card using the Honey Bee stamp set, coordinating Dies and DSP. It’s the first time I’ve made one…so cool!
- Thick Whisper White: 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Golden Honey Specialty DSP: 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Crushed Curry: Hive Die
- Whisper White: 3 Bee Dies, Flower Die and Sentiment
- Basic Black: 2 Scallop Circle Dies & Sentiment Layer
- Glue the DSP to the card front.
- Score the front at 2 3/4″ and burnish.
- Use the Layered Circle Dies to cut the next to largest straight edge circle in the center of the score line.
- Use the largest Scallop Die to cut two from Basic Black.
- Stamp two large bees, one small bee, and a flower on Whisper White with Tuxedo Black Ink. Stamp the bee hive on to Crushed Curry with Crushed Curry Ink.
- Color with Dark Daffodil Stampin’ Blend.
- Add wink of Stella to the 2 large bees.
- Use coordinating Dies to cut out stamped images.
- Cut a piece of Silver Metallic Thread that will traverse the opening in the Circle Die Cut.
- Apply liquid glue to the back of one large bee, lay the thread in the center and apply the other large bee, sandwiching the thread.
- Apply liquid glue to one of the scallop frames. Lay the bee in the center and stretch the thread across so that the ends are in the glue. Apply the other scallop circle and pull the thread taught.
- Apply liquid glue along the bottom edge of the circle cut in the card front (below the score line only). Center the scallop frame over it so that the bottom of it is adhered to the bottom of the opening.
- Stamp Hello in the top left corner.
- Adhere the flower to the lower left corner.
- Use dimensional to adhere the bee hive to the inside. This will be the stop for the easel portion, so test to see where you would like it to sit. Also check out what it will look like behind the bee when the card is flat.
- Adhere the sentiment and layer below and the small bee with Stampin’ Dimensionals. You will also want to make sure these two things are below the opening in the front so they don’t show when closed.
I hope you enjoyed tonight’s card. Thank you for stopping by.
Please let me know if you have any questions. If you do not have a demonstrator I would love to send you the Annual Catalog, Mini Catalog and Sale-A-Bration Brochures. Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy Stamp Dabbling!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – See Customer Rewards here. It’s my way to say thank you!
- In addition to my online store, I also take PayPal payments for orders. See the bottom of the Customer Rewards page here for details.
March Host Code: YYXUCN9Q
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code because you’ll qualify for hostess benefits (and you’ll still get the free gift). The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in in either the 2019-20 Annual Catalog or the January-June 2020 Mini Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards Page for full details.
January-June 2020 Mini Catalog & 2020 Sale-a-bration Brochure Online!
If you haven’t seen the new January-June 2020 Mini Catalog, click here or on the image above to open an online PDF copy.
And if you haven’t see the 2020 Sale-a-bration Brochure, click here or on the image above to open the online PDF.