This card uses the Timeless Tropical Bundle and Stitched Rectangle Dies. It is accompanied by the Tropical Oasis Designer Series Paper and Lovely Lipstick Cardstock which we will be saying good bye to shortly. It’s time to stock up! Enjoy tonight’s card.
- Lovely Lipstick Cardstock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ card base scored at 5 1/2″
- Whisper White Cardstock: 4″ x 5 1/4″; Rectangle Stitched Die (3 15/16″ x 2 5/8″), Floral Die, and 3-Leaf Dies
- Tropical Oasis DSP: 4″ x 5 1/4″ and 4 1/4″ x 3/4″ Strip
- Use StazOn Black Ink to stamp the Hibiscus and 3 Leaves from the Timeless Tropical Stamp Set. Stamp the Sentiment on the Stitched Rectangle and on the inside panel (This one came from So Sentimental). Immediately clean your stamps with the StazOn Cleaner. This prevents the permanent ink from building up on your stamps. Because StazOn is permanent, it will not run when watercoloring.
- Use the Petal Pink, Lovely Lipstick, Real Red and Cherry Cobbler Ink to watercolor the flower with the Aqua Painters in layers from dark at the center to light at the edges. The Whisper White will tend to buckle more than Watercolor paper so don’t put too much water down. I just squeeze it into the color on the lid of my ink pads instead of placing it on my paper in this instance. Tip: I also lay the watercolored images face down on my grid paper and apply a large block to the top as it dries to help flatten it.
- Use the Pear Pizzazz to watercolor in the entire surface of the leaves. Then add Old Olive to one side and Garden Green to the other leaving the veins Pear Pizzazz. Tip: The color inspirations are from the DSP.
- I wanted more depth in the center so I used matching Stampin’ Blends to the black lines in the image for accent. I used Dark Daffodil Delight and Petal Pink on the stamen and finished with Wink of Stella. I added a little Dark Basic Black Blend to the very center around the base of the stamen. Tip: Don’t be afraid to mix mediums.
- Use Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive to adhere the DSP layer to the card front and the Stitched Rectangle to the DSP. Position and add the leaves. Also adhere the inside panel and DSP strip inside the card.
- Pop the hibiscus with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Links for items used to make this card are listed below or you can browse for other supplies at my Stampin’ Up! shop in the side bar. Use the May Host Code for free gifts from me (if your order is $150 or more you don’t want to use it so that you get Hostess Rewards). See my Rewards Page for full details.
Please let me know if you have any questions or need Stampin’ Up! Catalogs. I would love to help.
Happy Stamp Dabbling!
- Visit my online store here.
- Click here for a list of retiring items from the 2019–2020 Annual Catalog.
- Click here for a list of retiring items from the January–June 2020 Mini Catalog.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – See Customer Rewards here. It’s my way to say thank you!
- In addition to my online store, I also take PayPal payments for orders. See the bottom of the Customer Rewards page here for details.
May Host Code: AKZPKNYT
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code because you’ll qualify for hostess benefits (and you’ll still get the free gift). The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in in either the 2019-20 Annual Catalog or the January-June 2020 Mini Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards Page for full details.
January-June 2020 Mini Catalog
If you haven’t seen the new January-June 2020 Mini Catalog, click here or on the image above to open an online PDF copy.