Here is a sneak peak of what’s inside the upcoming Stampin’ Up! 2020-2021 Annual Catalog. This card used the Jar of Flowers and Many Mates stamp sets which will be available for customers to order on June 3rd. It also used the new 2020-2022 In Color Misty Moonlight Cardstock and 6×6 DSP. The inspiration for the design is on page 10 of the catalog. Enjoy!
The Paper Cuts
- Misty Moonlight Cardstock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ card base scored at 5 1/2″ and a 3 3/8″ x 4 5/8″ panel.
- 2020-2022 In Color DSP: 4″ x 5 1/4″ and a 3/4″ x 5″ strip
- Whisper White Cardstock: 3 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ and 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Shaded Spruce Cardstock: 2 1/8″ x 5/8″ scrap
- Adhere te DSP panel to the card front.
- Stamp the floral image in Tuxedo Black on the Whisper White 3 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ panel. Also stamp it on a PostIt Note catching the sticky edge at the bottom. Trim around the bottom edge on the black stamped line. This will be your mask. It will make the flowers look like they are inside the jar instead of the jar on top of the flowers when you stamp the jar 😉
- Stamp the jar in Basic Gray Ink with the mask in place as shown above. (I first tried Tuxedo Black, but it came out very dark and I wanted it to be lighter since it is glass).
- Add the flower stem image with Basic Gray Ink with the mask still in place. Now you can remove it! Taadaa!
- Color the flower and stems with Stampin’ Blends Combos: Light Seaside Spray, Flirty Flamingo and Call Me Clover. I also used Light Smoky Slate in layers with Light Call Me Clover and Light Seaside Spray for the sprig that looks like Eucalyptus. Don’t be afraid to mix colors 🙂
- Add Wink of Stella to the reflection marks on the jar.
- Adhere the colored floral panel to the Misty Moonlight panel.
- Tie a piece of the Flowers for Every Season Twine around the two panels and tie in a bow. I knotted the end to ensure the three layers didn’t untwist (as in the catalog). Adhere to the DSP on the card front.
- Rub the Shaded Spruce scrap with the Embossing Buddy to prevent static. Stamp with the sentiment in VersaMark, sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and heat with the Heat Tool.
- Adhere to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Trim if necessary.
- Add 3 Flowers for Every Season Gems with Mini Glue Dots.
- Stamp the sentiment on the inside panel with Misty Moonlight Ink and adhere to the inside of the cards. Adhere the DSP strip to the bottom edge.
Links for items used to make this card are listed below or you can browse for other supplies at my Stampin’ Up! shop in the side bar. Use the May Host Code for free gifts from me (if your order is $150 or more you don’t want to use it so that you get Hostess Rewards). See my Rewards Page for full details.
Please let me know if you have any questions or need Stampin’ Up! Catalogs. I can’t wait for you to see the new Annual Catalog and I have them in stock if you don’t already have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator.
I would love to know you and to help you create something beautiful.
Happy Stamp Dabbling!
- Visit my online store here.
- Click here for a list of retiring items from the 2019–2020 Annual Catalog.
- Click here for a list of retiring items from the January–June 2020 Mini Catalog.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – See Customer Rewards here. It’s my way to say thank you!
- In addition to my online store, I also take PayPal payments for orders. See the bottom of the Customer Rewards page here for details.
May Host Code: AKZPKNYT
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code because you’ll qualify for hostess benefits (and you’ll still get the free gift). The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in in either the 2019-20 Annual Catalog or the January-June 2020 Mini Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards Page for full details.
January-June 2020 Mini Catalog
If you haven’t seen the new January-June 2020 Mini Catalog, click here or on the image above to open an online PDF copy.