Monday is my husband’s birthday, so this card is for him. It features the Pampered Pets bundle and the coordinating Playful Pets Designer Series Paper and Playful Pets Trinkets. I chose this set because we have owned two Salt and Pepper Miniature Schnauzers and currently a sweet Kerry Blue Terrier named Keelan O’Shea. I’ll post his picture at the end. I’ll also give some tips on getting those little bitty paw prints on your card. Enjoy!
- Real Red Cardstock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″ and a Heart Punch.
- Basic Black Cardstock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ and a paw print die.
- Playful Pets DSP: 4 7/8″ x 3 5/8″, a 5″ x 1/4″ strip and 2″ x 5 3/4″
- Whisper White Cardstock: largest Stitched So Sweetly scallop frame, dog die cut, scrap for dog bowl and 5 1/4″ x 4″ panel.
- Stamp the dog and dog bowl in Tuxedo Black Ink on Whisper White Cardstock. Color with Smoky Slate Dark, Basic Black Light/Dark (nose) and Real Red Dark (collar) Stampin’ Blends. I used the Color Lifter to lighten the inside of the bowl. Fussy cut the dog bowl with Paper Snips and die cut the dog.
- Use an exact knife to cut the front curve of the dog bowl opening. Use a bone folder to curve the fibers of the dog bowl. Insert a dog bone trinket and secure with a Mini Glue Dot to the back of the bowl. This will help hide the trinket loop.
- Die cut a paw print die from Basic Black being careful not to disturb it as it exits your die cutting machine. Carefully lift the extra cardstock leaving the paw pieces on the plate. Place a small piece of Press and Seal Saran Wrap over the pieces and burnish with a Bone Folder. Carefully lift off the plate. If the pieces don’t come with the wrap, stop and burnish again until it does. Flip the wrap over and apply a small amount of Multipurpose Liquid Glue to each piece of the largest paw print. Apply it to the front corner of your Heart punch and press to secure. Slowly lift the wrap leaving the paw pieces in place. Save the other two prints on the wrap.
- Adhere the Basic Black panel to the card front. Add the stripe DSP and top it with the scallop frame die. Adhere the heart to the right corner. Stamp your sentiment in the left corner. This one is from Peaceful Moments (my favorite sentiment set).
- Add the bowl and trinket with a Mini Glue Dot on each side. (If mailing I recommend you pad the front).
- Pop up the dog die cut with Stampin’ Dimensionals. So cute!
The Inside & the Envelope
- Stamp the sentiment in Tuxedo Black Ink.
- Adhere the stripe strip along the bottom edge of the Whisper White panel. Adhere to the inside of the card.
- Adhere the medium paw print above the sentiment.
- Adhere the DSP to the envelope flap and trim with Paper Snips.
- I added the small paw print to my card front next to hubby’s name and added a dog bowl which I colored with Real Red Dark Stampin’ Blend. I used the Color Lifter to lighten the inside of the bowl.
As promised…here is a picture of our fur baby. We don’t have children so he has us totally wrapped. I would have colored the dog on the card black like him, but we joke about how hard it is to get a good picture of him because he is so black so I colored the dog gray. Kerry Blue are jet black as puppies and at 18 months begin to lighten to a slate gray as they age.
Thank you for stopping by. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if I can be of assistance with your stamping creativity.
Happy Stamp Dabbling!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Reserve a Paper Pumpkin Subscription HERE.
- New to Stamping? Check out the new Beginner’s Brochure HERE.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – See Customer Rewards here. It’s my way to say thank you!
- In addition to my online store, I also take PayPal payments for orders. See the bottom of the Customer Rewards page here for details.
2020-21 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog
You will find many wonderful, beautiful, creative and fun ideas and products inside. You can check it out digitally HERE. If you do not already have a Demonstrator that you personally work with, drop me a request with your address at email@example.com and I will be glad to mail you one along with a handmade card and a printed Wish List.
Once you have found the thing(s) in the catalog that you love and just have to have. You can order them by clicking the cute Market Shop photo in the Sidebar (or HERE). If you need some help in putting together a design or knowing what products you need to put together with your stamps, I would love to help. Just drop me a quick note at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll go from there. We can follow up with a phone call, a Zoom “face-to-face”, email or text….whatever works for you.
You will also receive $10 in product credit for every $50 you spend when you use the monthly Host Code at the bottom of my posts…the current June code is M32B4JH4. (If your order is $150 or more, you will receive your own code which includes my reward as well as additional rewards from Stampin’ Up! – see the Rewards Tab for details). You will also receive loyalty points which will translate into more free product. You can find a Loyalty Order Tracking Form HERE to help you keep track.