This card features the Prized Peony bundle which includes the Prized Peony stamp set and Peony dies. It’s one of those bundles that offers many design options and ease of creating. I’ve posted 3 other cards from this set so far and each one is very different. I think this is my favorite (at least so far!). I would love to hear which one is your favorite. Enjoy!
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″ and 5 x 3 3/4″
- Just Jade Cardstock: 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
- Basic Black Cardstock: 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″ and a scrap for the sentiment
- Terracotta Tile Cardstock: 5″ x 3 1/4″ (front) and 5 1/4″ x 4″ (inside)
- Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper: approx 3 1/4″ x 3 3/4″ for image & die
- Very Vanilla Medium Envelope
- I used that Stamparatus to stamp the large peony image with StazOn Jet Black Ink on the Watercolor Paper. Tips: 1) the watercolor paper has more texture than standard cardstock and the Stamparatus allows restamping multiple times for a great image (I stamped this one 3 times).2) StazOn ink is alcohol based so when watercoloring it won’t bleed. 3) you will need StazOn Cleaner to get this ink off your stamp
- I used Petal Pink, Terracotta Tile, Just Jade and Shaded Spruce ink pads with the smallest Water Painter to color the image. Tips: 1) squeeze the lid and bottom of the stamp pad together to get an ink pallet on the top. 2) Lay a base of the lighter color (i.e., Petal Pink on the flowers) and then add the darker color (Terracotta Tile) in the shaded areas of the stamped image. Let dry or use your Heat Tool between colors/layers. 3) Keep a paper towel handy to dab extra water from your Water Painter to control the color intensity… the wetter the lighter the color will be.
- Die cut the watercolored image with your die cutting machine.
- Emboss the smaller Terracotta panel with the Dainty Diamonds 3-D folder.
- Rub the Basic Black scrap with the Embossing Buddy. Stamp the sentiment in VersaMark ink, sprinkle with White embossing powder and melt with the Heat Tool. Fussy cut with your snips.
- Adhere the embossed Terracotta panel to the Basic Black Panel with Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive. Adhere the peony on top. Tie the Vanilla ribbon in a knot and trim ends. Apply the sentiment with Mini Glue Dots.
- Adhere the Just Jade panel to the card front. Add the other panels.
For the Inside & the Envelope
- Stamp the sentiment in black on the Very Vanilla inside panel. Add the two peony images with 2nd Generation Terracotta ink. Adhere to the Terracotta panel and then to the card base.
- Stamp the peony in First Generation Terracotta ink on the envelope front and flap.
You can view the other peony cards here:
Thank you for stopping by. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if I can be of assistance with your stamping creativity. I hope you will give this set a go…you won’t regret it!
Happy Stamp Dabbling!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Reserve a Paper Pumpkin Subscription here.
- New to Stamping? Check out the new Beginner’s Brochure here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – See Customer Rewards here. It’s my way to say thank you!
- In addition to my online store, I also take PayPal payments for orders. See the bottom of the Customer Rewards page here for details.
2020-21 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog
You will find many wonderful, beautiful, creative and fun ideas and products inside. You can check it out digitally HERE. If you do not already have a Demonstrator that you personally work with, drop me a request with your address at email@example.com and I will be glad to mail you one along with a handmade card and a printed Wish List.
Once you have found the thing(s) in the catalog that you love and just have to have. You can order them by clicking the cute Market Shop photo in the Sidebar (or HERE). If you need some help in putting together a design or knowing what products you need to put together with your stamps, I would love to help. Just drop me a quick note at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll go from there. We can follow up with a phone call, a Zoom “face-to-face”, email or text….whatever works for you.
You will also receive $10 in product credit for every $50 you spend when you use the monthly Host Code at the bottom of my posts…the current June code is M32B4JH4. (If your order is $150 or more, you will receive your own code which includes my reward as well as additional rewards from Stampin’ Up! – see the Rewards Tab for details). You will also receive loyalty points which will translate into more free product. You can find a Loyalty Order Tracking Form HERE to help you keep track.