Welcome to the Inkin’ Krew Monthly Blog Hop! This month the Inkin’ Krew team theme is “Celebrate Summer.” I am featuring the Celebrate Sunflowers bundle from the 2020-2021 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. Large, brightly colored sunflowers stretching toward the sun make me think of warm summer days. Enjoy!
I decorated a Gold Mini Pizza Box with the large sunflower to hold four (4) 3″x3″ note cards and envelopes. These small cards are great for leaving quick notes on someone’s door if they are not home or for giving tips with a note of appreciation (i.e., the shampoo assistant at the salon).
- Misty Moonlight DSP: 3″ square and four 2 12/16″ squares.
- Whisper White Cardstock: approx 4″ x 11″ (large sunflower die cut, two leaf dies , four small sunflower dies) and four 3″ x 6″ pieces, scored at 3″.
- Crushed Curry Cardstock: four 2 5/8″ squares and four 1/8″ x 2 5/8″ strips (I had these because I decided to cut my first Crushed Curry squares down 1/8″ which turned out to be super cute for the inside.)
- Gold Foil Sheet: approx 3 1/4″ square
- Whisper White 3″ x 3″ Envelopes: four (4)
- Stamp the large sunflower, two leaves, and 4 small sunflowers on Whisper White cardstock with Tuxedo Black ink. Color them with the Stampin’ Blends in the Product List below.
- Cut the colored images out with the coordinating dies.
- Cut the sunflower outline die from the Gold Foil Sheet.
- Adhere the larger Misty Moonlight DSP square to the Gold Pizza Box. Adhere the leaves. Pop the large sunflower on with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Top with the gold foil outline and add 3 Gold Glitter Enamel Dots to the center.
- Emboss the Crushed Curry square with the leafy Greenery embossing folder.
- Adhere the Misty Moonlight DSP to the card front. Add the embossed layer.
- Add a strip of Stampin’ Seal adhesive where the small sunflower will rest on the embossed panel. Wrap Misty Moonlight/Silver Bakers Twine around 3 fingers 2-3 times and snip. Bring together in the center and place on the Stampin’ Seal on the card front. Loosen as desired (each one of mine ends up different…don’t stress).
- Pop the small sunflower on with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Card Inside and Envelope
- Stamp the sentiment on the inside of the Whisper White cards with Misty Moonlight ink. This one is from Many Mates.
- Add the small Crushed Curry strip with Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive.
- Stamp the small sunflower on the envelopes with Crushed Curry ink.
Place your cards and envelopes in the pizza box. I chose to nestle them in tissue paper.
Tie up with Misty Moonlight 2020-22 In Color 1/4″ Ribbon if you desire. It’s not needed to hold the box closed, but it sure will make someone feel special about their gift!
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the rest of the team’s projects! Click on Next Blog to visit Akiko Sudano or Previous Blog for Mary Deatherage.
If you get lost along the way, the participants are listed below:
- Leslie Larkin
- Karen Finkle
- Karen Ksenzakovic
- Sue Prather
- Mary Deatherage
- Donna Leonard <– you are here
- Akiko Sudano
- Julie Johnston
- Amy Koenders
Happy Stamp Dabbling!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Reserve a Paper Pumpkin Subscription here.
- New to Stamping? Check out the new Beginner’s Brochure here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – See Customer Rewards here. It’s my way to say thank you!
- In addition to my online store, I also take PayPal payments for orders. See the bottom of the Customer Rewards page here for details.
2020-21 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog
You will find many wonderful, beautiful, creative and fun ideas and products inside. You can check it out digitally HERE. If you do not already have a Demonstrator that you personally work with, drop me a request with your address at email@example.com and I will be glad to mail you a catalog along with a handmade card and a printed Wish List.
Once you have found the thing(s) in the catalog that you love and just have to have. You can order them by clicking the Market Shop photo in the Sidebar (or HERE). If you need some help in putting together a design or knowing what products you need to put together with your stamps, I would love to help. Just drop me a quick note at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll go from there. We can follow up with a phone call, a Zoom “face-to-face”, email or text….whatever works for you.
You will also receive $10 in product credit for every $50 you spend when you use the monthly host code in the sidebar…the current July Host Code is 2TX69QE2. (If your order is $150 or more, you will receive your own code which includes my rewards as well as additional rewards from Stampin’ Up! – see the Rewards Tab for details). You will also receive loyalty points which will translate into more free product. You can find a Loyalty Order Tracking Form HERE to help you keep track.