These cards feature a sneak peak of the Heartwarming Hugs Suite from the August-December 2020 Mini Catalog which will go live for customers on August 4th. It includes the Warm Hugs photopolymer stamp set, the Wrapped in Christmas cling stamp set, the coordinating Warm Wraps Dies dies, the Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper, and the Mossy Meadow Diagonal Stripe Ribbon used in this project.
My sister and I wanted to do the Double Wonder Cards originally designed by Shannon West. It was brought to my attention by Chelsey Christensen at www.creativechelsey.com. Today we did it. Enjoy!
I want to give a shout out for a product…the Stamparatus on page 164 of the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog. I struggled to get the sentiment frame centered around the round message. In the end, I cut eleven 2″ x 2″ squares of Whisper White Cardstock, lined it up in the corner of the Stamparatus and stamped both the frame and the sentiment. It took 5 minutes to do the 11 I needed for this project. It’s a wonderful tool:
- It re-stamps images that aren’t inked enough or pressed enough.
- It aligns and positions perfectly.
- It makes mass production a breeze.
- It helps arthritic hands stamp with ease (you can even use a rubber brayer to apply the pressure to the lid)
I have linked the Stamparatus below.
- Whisper White Cardstock: Two 8 1/2″ x 11″ sheets cut at 4 1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″. A 6″ x 8″ for sentiment die cuts.
- Mossy Meadow: One 8 1/2″ x 11″ sheets cut at 4 1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″.
- Real Red Cardstock: Two 8 1/2″x 11″ sheet cut at 4 1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″. One 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″. A 6″ x 8″ for circle die cuts.
- Heart Hugs Designer Series Paper: Two sheets cut per template.
I have a few tips and variations to the instructions you will find at the link above (“template” under Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper).
- Before making the cards: I stamped all 11 sentiments with the Stamparatus and die cut them, adding dimensionals to the back.
- I die cut 11 of the stitched circle from the Warm Wrapped Dies.
- I used 10 1/2″ of ribbon for cards 1-4. I applied by placing a strip of Stampin’ Seal vertically on the stitched circle and putting the ribbon in place.
- I used 6″ of ribbon cut at 2 1/2″ for the banner ends of cards 5-8. I applied with Stampin’ Seal placed horizontally on the stitched circle.
- I eliminated the ribbon on card 9-10 because there were already 3 patterns and I didn’t want to add another (the stripe in the ribbon).
- I changed the orientation of card 11 and eliminated the ribbon for the same reason above.
Thank you for stopping by. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if I can be of assistance with your stamping creativity.
Happy Stamp Dabbling!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Reserve a Paper Pumpkin Subscription here.
- New to Stamping? Check out the new Beginner’s Brochure here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – See Customer Rewards here. It’s my way to say thank you!
- In addition to my online store, I also take PayPal payments for orders. See the bottom of the Customer Rewards page here for details.
Stampin’ Up!’s Bonus Days Going On Now!!
The Bonus Days promotion from Stampin’ Up! is going on now. For every $50 (before shipping and tax) that you spend between July 1 and August 3, you will earn a $5 Bonus Days Coupon Code that can be redeemed between August 4th–31st!
Head over to my online store to start earning those coupons now!
2020-21 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog
You will find many wonderful, beautiful, creative and fun ideas and products inside. You can check it out digitally HERE. If you do not already have a Demonstrator that you personally work with, drop me a request with your address at email@example.com and I will be glad to mail you one along with a handmade card and a printed Wish List.
Once you have found the thing(s) in the catalog that you love and just have to have. You can order them by clicking the cute Market Shop photo in the Sidebar (or HERE). If you need some help in putting together a design or knowing what products you need to put together with your stamps, I would love to help. Just drop me a quick note at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll go from there. We can follow up with a phone call, a Zoom “face-to-face”, email or text….whatever works for you.
You will also receive $10 in product credit for every $50 you spend when you use the monthly Host Code at the bottom of my posts…the current code is 2TX69QE2. (If your order is $150 or more, you will receive your own code which includes my reward as well as additional rewards from Stampin’ Up! – see the Rewards Tab for details). You will also receive loyalty points which will translate into more free product. You can find a Loyalty Order Tracking Form HERE to help you keep track.