This is the last Butterfly Brilliance Bundle project from the Amy’s Inkin’ Krew Team Meeting. The talented Mary Deatherage of Stamps-in-Lingers shared this sweet gift tag with us to all stamp together. I incorporated it into this Thank You card as a Bookmark. You will find instructions and all the links for the supplies I used below.
The Paper Cuts
- Thick Basic White Cardstock: 4 1/4″ x 11″scored at 5 1/2″ (card base), 2″ x 4″ (tag), and a Tasteful Labels die cut.
- Butterfly Bijou Designer Series Paper : 4″ x 5 1/4″ (background) and two die cut butterflies (blue and yellow).
- Vellum Cardstock: detailed Brilliant Wings die cut (same size as the blue butterfly)
- First, I cut the top of the strip of Basic White Thick Cardstock with the Delightful Tag Topper Punch. Then I stamped the wildflower image from Dragonfly Garden Stamp Set in second generation Just Jade Ink near the bottom. I added the sentiment from So Sentimental Stamp Set in Misty Moonlight Ink over the top.
- Use the large multi-butterfly die from Butterly Brilliance Dies to cut the butterflies from the Butterfly Bijou Designer Series Paper. You’ll only need two so save the others for another project. 🙂 Add Multipurpose Liquid Glue to the body of the Vellum Cardstock die cut butterfly and adhere it to the blue die cut butterfly body. Adhere the pair to the top of the tag/bookmark. Apply silver Metallic Pearls down the center of the body. So pretty!
- Pull a length of the Misty Moonlight Ribbon through the hole in the top of the tag. Use a piece of Linen Thread to tie around the base.
- I placed the butterfly tag/bookmark onto the left side of the 4″ x 5 1/4″ DSP. (Be sure to have it high enough that you can get your adhesive along the edge below it). I placed a ruler horizontally underneath the blue butterfly and used a pencil to mark the left and right as a guide to cut a slit with the Paper Trimmer (or an exact knife, if you prefer) so that only the butterfly would peak out. I applied Stampin’ Seal along the back edges of the DSP and adhered it to the card base. Then I slid the butterfly bookmark/tag into the slit. Voila!
- In Misty Moonlight Ink I stamped “the little things…” sentiment from Happy Thoughts Stamp Set on the Tasteful Labels die cut. I used Tuxedo Black Ink (but wish I’d used Just Jade, you may want to modify) on the inside panel. to stamp “Thank You”. I stamped a second generation Misty Moonlight Butterfly and a second generation Magenta Madness Butterfly on the inside panel. I echoed these in first generation on the envelope front and flap.
- I adhered the stamped label to the bottom of the card front and popped on a small yellow butterfly with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the links above or the shop image on on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email me at email@example.com. I’d love to hear from you.
Happy Stamp Dabbling!
- Visit my online store here.
- The current Host Code is URAXHKGA
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Reserve a Paper Pumpkin Subscription here.
- New to Stamping? Check out the Beginner’s Brochure here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – See Customer Rewards here. It’s my way to say thank you!
- In addition to my online store, I also take PayPal payments for orders. See the bottom of the Customer Rewards page here for details.
- Click here to purchase your Starter Kit
Butterfly Brilliance Collection – Early Release
Bring in the beauty of nature with the artistic designs of the Butterfly Brilliance Bundle and coordinating designer series paper, along with textured specialty paper that will put a pop of brilliance on every project. The Butterfly Brilliance Collection is an early release from the upcoming 2022 Annual Catalog and will be available from March 2 through May 3, 2021.
Newly Added Hey Chick and Hey Birthday Chick Bundles
Stampin’ Up! has released two new coordinating bundles available now through June 30, 2021. Click HERE to see the details and card samples.
January – June 2021 Mini Catalog
You will find many wonderful, beautiful, creative and fun ideas and products inside. You can check it out digitally HERE. If you do not already have a Demonstrator that you personally work with, drop me a request with your address at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be glad to mail you one along with a handmade card and a printed Wish List.
2020-21 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog
You can check it out digitally HERE
Once you have found the thing(s) in the catalog that you love and just have to have. You can order them by clicking the cute Market Shop photo in the Sidebar (or HERE). If you need some help in putting together a design or knowing what products you need to put together with your stamps, I would love to help. Just drop me a quick note at email@example.com and we’ll go from there. We can follow up with a phone call, a Zoom “face-to-face”, email or text….whatever works for you.
You will also receive $10 in product credit for every $50 you spend when you use the monthly Host Code (top right) – If your order is $150 or more, you will receive your own code which includes my reward as well as additional rewards from Stampin’ Up! – see the Rewards Tab for details. You will also receive loyalty points which will translate into more free product. You can find a Loyalty Order Tracking Form HERE to help you keep track.