This card is made with the Butterfly Brilliance Bundle (see details below). The upcoming 2021-22 Annual Catalog (which I can’t wait for you to see!) has some beautiful examples of cards created using the Stampin’ Up! Watercolor Pencils. It has inspired me to pull mine out. They really do enhance the Distinctive Stamps and shaded artwork! Enjoy!
The Paper Cuts
- Night of Navy Cardstock: 8 1/2″ x 4 1/2″, scored at 5 1/2″ (card base).
- Daffodil Delight Cardstock: 5 1/4″ x 4″ (front panel)
- Vellum Cardstock: 5″ x 3 3/4″ (front)
- Basic White Cardstock: 5 1/4″ x 4″ panel (inside), 2″ x 1 1/2″ and 3″ x 2″ (die cutting)
First, I must confess, I have dissected my Butterfly Brilliance stamp. It comes as one large cling mount stamp that stamps all six butterflies in one fell swoop (pun intended, lol). This allows the die from Brilliance Wings Dies to cut all of them at one. I took scissors and snipped the rubber between the butterflies (but I did not trim the excess away). I can still put them together (like a puzzle) on a block and stamp all of them, but now I can easily ink and stamp them individually instead of having to carefully position around the others.
- I stamped the butterfly in Tuxedo Black Ink on the 3″ x 2″ Basic White Cardstock. I added the color with the Watercolor Pencils. I lightly went over the colored in area with a Blender Pen to smooth and brighten the color. I passed the colored image through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine under the coordinating butterfly die. I cut the shortest die from Stitched Rectangles Dies from the 2″ x 1 1/2″ Basic White Cardstock.
- With Night of Navy Ink I stamped the butterfly randomly over the Daffodil Delight Cardstock panel. I stamped it on the corner of the Basic White Medium Envelope. I also stamped it in 2nd generation on the inside panel so that writing could be seen over it if the space was needed. I added the “Hello” sentiment from the Sweet Strawberry Stamp Set to the Stitched Rectangle die cut and the sentiment inside from the Happy Thoughts Stamp Set.
- To adhere the card together I added Multipurpose Liquid Glue to the back of the Daffodil Delight panel and applied it to the card base. I did the same with the inside layer. I placed the Vellum panel in place (without adhering) and applied the stitched square and the butterfly with Mini Glue Dots. I added the three Night of Navy Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels. I flipped the vellum over and applied liquid glue behind the added elements to adhere it to the card base so the adhesive would not show from the front.
Let me know if you have any questions! You can drop me an email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d love to hear from you.
Happy Stamp Dabbling!
- Visit my online store here.
- The current Host Code is 992KH6UN
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Reserve a Paper Pumpkin Subscription here.
- New to Stamping? Check out the Beginner’s Brochure here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – See Customer Rewards here. It’s my way to say thank you!
- In addition to my online store, I also take PayPal payments for orders. See the bottom of the Customer Rewards page here for details.
- Click here to purchase your Starter Kit
April Host Code: 992KH6UN
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2020-21 Annual Catalog or January-June 2021 Mini Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
Butterfly Brilliance Collection – Early Release
Bring in the beauty of nature with the artistic designs of the Butterfly Brilliance Bundle and coordinating designer series paper, along with textured specialty paper that will put a pop of brilliance on every project. The Butterfly Brilliance Collection is an early release from the upcoming 2022 Annual Catalog and will be available now through May 3, 2021.
Sales Period: March 24th from 1:00 PM (MT) through May 3rd, 2021 at 11:59 PM (MT).
Here are the official retiring lists from Stampin’ Up!
Head over to my online store to pick up those retiring items now! They’re only available while supplies last from now through May 3!