I never expected to have so much fun with a butterfly set, but the Butterfly Brilliance Collections is awesome! It is an early release from the upcoming (May 4th) 2021-22 Annual Catalog (which I can’t wait for you to see!), but while the Butterfly Brilliance Stamp Set and the Brilliant Wings Dies will remain bundled with the 10% savings in the new catalog, the beautifully varied 6×6 Butterfly Bijou Designer Series Paper will not be available after May 3rd! Be sure to get it while you can. See details HERE. The dies coordinate with the designer in the DSP for simple cards like this one. The design is CASEd from Su Mohj. Enjoy!
The Paper Cuts
- Basic White Thick Cardstock: 5 1/2″ x 8″, scored at 4 1/4″ (card base), 5/8″ x 2 5/8″ Stitched Rectangles Die (sentiment) and the largest Stitched Rectangles Die (front panel).
- 6×6 Butterfly Bijou DSP: three of the 1 3/8″ x 3 3/8″ Stitched Rectangles die cuts (front), 5 1/4″ x 1/2″ (inside), 2 butterflies cut with the Brilliant Wings Dies (front) and 5 3/4″ x 2 3/8″ (envelope).
- With Basic Gray Ink, I stamped “Happy Mother’s Day” from Dressed to Impress Stamp Set on the smallest die cut and the inside sentiment from Happy Thoughts Stamp Set on the inside of the card base.
- I adhered the three DSP panels to the large rectangle die cut with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Tip: Glue the first one and then place a ruler along the top edge to assist in placing the right one evenly. Add the middle one centered between to two. I popped this panel onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I used my Bone Folder to “lift” the butterfly wings on the DSP die cuts where they join the body. I applied two Mini Glue Dots to the body to adhere them to the card front.
- I added the small rectangle sentiment on the lower left corner with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I embellished by placing three small dots of Multipurpose Liquid Glue on the DSP and used the Take Your Pick putty end to apply Flowers for Every Season Gems to place the gems on the glue.
- I used Multipurpose Liquid Glue to apply the small DSP strip to the lower edge of the inside of the card and the larger one to the envelope flap, trimming the excess with Paper Snips.
- I inked the small butterfly from the Butterfly Brilliance Stamp Set with Blushing Bride Ink and used a Sponge Dauber to apply a little Just Jade Ink before stamping it above the inside greeting.
- I inked the larger butterfly from the Butterfly Brilliance Stamp Set with Just Jade Ink and used a Sponge Dauber to apply a little Misty Moonlight Ink before stamping it in 2nd generation (stamp off once first) on the envelope front.
Let me know if you have any questions! You can drop me an email me at email@example.com. I’d love to hear from you.
Happy Stamp Dabbling!
- Visit my online store here.
- The current Host Code is 992KH6UN
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Reserve a Paper Pumpkin Subscription here.
- New to Stamping? Check out the Beginner’s Brochure here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – See Customer Rewards here. It’s my way to say thank you!
- In addition to my online store, I also take PayPal payments for orders. See the bottom of the Customer Rewards page here for details.
- Click here to purchase your Starter Kit
April Host Code: 992KH6UN
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2020-21 Annual Catalog or January-June 2021 Mini Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
Butterfly Brilliance Collection – Early Release
Bring in the beauty of nature with the artistic designs of the Butterfly Brilliance Bundle and coordinating designer series paper, along with textured specialty paper that will put a pop of brilliance on every project. The Butterfly Brilliance Collection is an early release from the upcoming 2022 Annual Catalog and will be available now through May 3, 2021.
Sales Period: March 24th from 1:00 PM (MT) through May 3rd, 2021 at 11:59 PM (MT).
Here are the official retiring lists from Stampin’ Up!
Head over to my online store to pick up those retiring items now! They’re only available while supplies last from now through May 3!