I used the Beauty of Friendship Bundle (Beauty of Friendship Photopolymer Stamp Set and Beautiful Trees Dies) to make this thank you card. I love the soft blended colors and the fading trees that make it feel like we’re in a misty forest. It was inspired by a card created by Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, LeeAnn Greff. Enjoy!
The Paper Cuts
- Evening Evergreen Cardstock: 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″ (card base)
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: die cut from Stitched So Sweetly Dies and two 4″ x 5 1/4″ panels.
- Pool Party Cardstock: scrap for the bird die cut.
With Evening Evergreen Ink, I stamped the sentiments on the Stitched So Sweetly die cut and on the lower right corner of the inside panel. Then I stamped the trees on the two Very Vanilla Cardstock panels and the Very Vanilla Medium Envelope. I used the Fading Technique which is simply to ink once and stamp multiple times until the ink fades away in order to create depth (as here) or motion (ie, like a ball rolling). Be sure when you do this that the full stamp image is evenly on the cardstock, or, if it does overhang the edge of the card that your subsequent images are a little less than the previous one so that the darker ink on the part of the stamp that overhung the edge (and did not stamp off) does not show on the next image thus making it two tone.
I used Blending Brushes to add first Soft Succulent Ink and then Evening Evergreen Ink along the “forest floor” and then Pool Party Ink and Bermuda Bay Ink for the sky line.
To assemble the card I used Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive to adhere the two panels to the card base. I popped the sentiment label up with Stampin’ Dimensionals and added the die cut bird with a Mini Glue Dot.
To embellish, I added Pool Party Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
If you have any questions or need a catalog, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. You can drop me an email at email@example.com. I’d love to hear from you!
Happy Stamp Dabbling!
- Visit my online store here.
- The current Host Code is 4DGWPN4B.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Reserve a Paper Pumpkin Subscription here.
- New to Stamping? Check out the Beginner’s Brochure here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – See Customer Rewards here. It’s my way to say thank you!
- In addition to my online store, I also take PayPal payments for orders. See the bottom of the Customer Rewards page here for details.
- Click here to purchase your Starter Kit
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2021-22 Annual Catalog or January-June 2021 Mini Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!