This card features the Beauty of Friendship Photopolymer Stamp Set for a woodsy, masculine birthday. It involves a couple of classic stamping techniques to create depth and distance: 1) Fading and 2) Multi-generation Stamping. Enjoy!
The Paper Cuts
- Mossy Meadow Cardstock: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″ (card base).
- Misty Moonlight Cardstock: the 3rd smallest smooth circle from Layering Circles Dies.
- Vellum Cardstock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (front layer)
- Basic White Cardstock: two 4″ x 5 1/4″ panels (stamped front layer and inside), the 2nd smallest smooth circle from Layering Circles Dies, 4th largest Stitched Rectangles die.
I began by stamping the largest tree image (the Step 1 image with the shading built in) with Mossy Meadow Ink. I stamped it once in the center and then a second generation (without inking), slightly overlapping the first, and then a third generation – if the image hasn’t run off the edge of the paper (which creates a line with lighter ink on one side and darker ink on the other side of the image. If it has reink and stamp off twice before going to your card panel). Reink and repeat for the forest on the front panel. I used Blending Brushes to add Misty Moonlight Ink to the top half of the stamped panel (sky) and Mossy Meadow Ink to the bottom of the panel. Here’s what that looked like…you could stop here, glue this to the card base and add a sentiment for a quick and easy card.
On the Stitched Rectangle die cut I stamped the tree trunk in Early Expresso Ink and then added the 2nd Step tree stamp overlapping in First, Second and Third Generation Mossy Meadow Ink. On the inside panel and envelope I stamped the 2nd Step tree image twice in First Generation Ink and then the 1st Step tree image in 2nd Generation Ink (stamping off on scrap paper first) between them. I liked the foggy illusion it gave. I added the Best Wishes sentiment from the Artistically Inked Stamp Set on the smaller Basic White circle. With Misty Moonlight Ink I stamped the sentiment from the Timeless Tropical Stamp Set on the inside panel.
To assemble the card, I used Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive to adhere the front and inside panels to the card base. I aligned the stitched rectangle on top of the vellum, flipped the vellum/rectangle over and applied adhesive on the vellum behind the rectangle before placing the vellum on the stamped front panel. I added the stitched rectangle over the glue with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I applied Stampin’ Dimensionals to the left side of the circle and liquid glue to the right to balance the height evening. I added 3 Misty Moonlight 2020-22 In Color Enamel Dots (no longer available, but the 2020-22 In Color Square Gems would be a great replacement if you don’t have them) with the putty end of the Take Your Pick Tool.
I hope you enjoyed the card…and thanks for your patience because that 1st Generation, 2nd Generation and 1st Step, 2nd Step stuff can get confusing! If you have any questions or need a catalog, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. You can drop me an email at email@example.com. I’d love to hear from you!
Happy Stamp Dabbling!
- Visit my online store here.
- The current Host Code is 4DGWPN4B.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Reserve a Paper Pumpkin Subscription here.
- New to Stamping? Check out the Beginner’s Brochure here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – See Customer Rewards here. It’s my way to say thank you!
- In addition to my online store, I also take PayPal payments for orders. See the bottom of the Customer Rewards page here for details.
- Click here to purchase your Starter Kit
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2021-22 Annual Catalog or January-June 2021 Mini Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
We all love gorgeous Designer Series Paper, and during this incredible sale, you can enjoy a 15% discount on select papers from the 2021–2022 Annual Catalog! July is a great time to stock up and save on some of Stampin’ Up!’s most popular paper designs!
- Sales Period: July 1 – August 2
- All order types qualify for this promotion.
- There is no limit to how many packages of Designer Series Paper may be purchased during this promotion.
- Only select Designer Series Papers are available at a 15% discount during this promotion.
- Orders must be placed—and closed—during the promotion period for the 15% discount to apply.
- Designer Series Paper ordered as part of a Starter Kit or with Stampin’ Rewards qualify for the 15% discount.
- Order Deadline: August 2, 2021 at 11:59 PM (MT)
You can see the pretty papers that are included in this sale on this flyer (click the image to open a full-size printable flyer):
Retiring List and Ordering (Ends June 30 at 11:59 pm MT):
Click here for a listing of items that are retiring. It is sorted alphabetically by item type (stamp sets, tools, embellishments, etc) and has a column for discounted pricing where available.