I used the Stampin’ Up! Great Tidings Bundles from the July – December 2021 Mini Catalog for this card. The bundle includes the Great Tidings Cling Stamp Set + Wise Men Tidings Dies. The detail of these stamps begs for wet embossing! If you like to color, you can get quite detailed as the sample on page 15 of the Mini Catalog or you can keep it simple like here. I hope you enjoy the card!
The Paper Cuts
- Night of Navy Cardstock: 11″ x 4 1/4″, scored at 5 1/2″ (base)
- Gold Foil Cardstock: 5″ x 3 3/4″ (front panel)
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: 4 1/2″ x 3 1/4″ (front layer), 1 3/4″ x 3″ (die cutting) and 5 1/4″ x 4″ (inside panel)
- Crumb Cake Cardstock: 4 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ (sand) and a Bethlehem die cut
- Crushed Curry Cardstock: 2 star die cuts
I stamped the “Wise men still seek Him” sentiment in Night of Navy Ink in the top right corner of the Very Vanilla front layer. I used Versa Mark Ink to stamp two wise men in line on the right side and centered vertically, sprinkled them with Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder (tapping away excess) and melted the powder with the Heat Tool. I stamped the remaining wise man on Very Vanilla Cardstock and repeated the embossing process. I colored the wise men using Misty Moonlight Light and Dark Stampin’ Blends, Olive Green Light and Dark Stampin’ Blends, Dark Mango Melody Stampin’ Blend, Dark Petal Pink Stampin’ Blend and Dark Soft Suede Stampin’ Blend. I ran the separate king through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine with the coordinating die. I also passed the Crumb Cake Cardstock strip through with the “snow” die from Cabin Dies in the center to cut it in half.
I used a Blending Brush to apply Night of Navy Ink around the edges of the stamped panel making it darker on the outside and lighter around the images. I also stamped the sentiment and gifts images on the inside panel and on the envelope front. I used a ruler and the Crumb Cake Stampin’ Write Marker to draw a base for the gifts. I added the star on the envelope with Crushed Curry Ink.
To assemble, I used Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere the cardstock panels on the card front and inside. I applied the back layer of the “sand” and the die cuts on the inside with liquid glue. I used Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals for the front star, the top layer of “sand” and the die cut wise man (tucked slightly between the sand layers). I lightly blended a little bit of Night of Navy Ink onto the sand to bring the “night” down. I also added a little Wink of Stella to the gifts in the wise men hands and on the envelope and inside panel.
Thank you for stopping by. If you have any questions or need a catalog, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. You can drop me an email at email@example.com. I’d love to hear from you!
Happy Stamp Dabbling!
- Visit my online store here.
- The current Host Code is MC3TZSYT
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Reserve a Paper Pumpkin Subscription here.
- New to Stamping? Check out the Beginner’s Brochure here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – See Customer Rewards here. It’s my way to say thank you!
- In addition to my online store, I also take PayPal payments for orders. See the bottom of the Customer Rewards page here for details.
- Click here to purchase your Starter Kit. You’ll earn an extra Bundle for free during Sale-a-bration (in addition to the $125 in product for $99)!
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code – you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2021-22 Annual Catalog or January-June 2021 Mini Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
Click the image above to view an electronic version of the new August – December 2021 Mini Catalog!