This is a fun card that utilizes little paper scraps from your favorite Designer Series Paper. It doesn’t require measuring or coloring and the stamping is minimal. I used scraps from the Beauty of the Earth 12″x12″ Designer Series Paper from the 2020-22 Annual Catalog for this Thanksgiving card. The sentiments are from A Wish for Everything Cling Stamp Set and the dies from Harvest Dies in the July – Dec 2021 Mini Catalog. I hope you enjoy!
The Paper Cuts
- Basic White Thick Cardstock: 4 1/2″ x 11”, scored at 5 1/2” (card base)
- Bumblebee Cardstock: two wheat die cuts from Harvest Dies (and scrap strips if you’d like)
- Beauty of the Earth 12×12 DSP: scrap strips (mine range from 1/4″ to 1/2″ thick and 3 1/4″ to 4″ long) and 6″ x 2 1/4″ (envelope flap)
I placed the wheat die cut onto Bumblebee Cardstock and roughly cut around it with Paper Snips. I then placed the cardstock onto the Foam Adhesive Sheet and trimmed it to match (I pieced two foam pieces together longways to accommodate the length). I peeled the release paper on one side of the foam and applied it to the cardstock. I passed it through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine with the wheat die, then flipped the clear part of the sandwich over (not disturbing the contents) and ran it through again, upside down. I find this ensures a clean cut through the thickness of the foam. I cut another wheat die from Bumblebee Cardstock without the adhesive.
I dry fit the scrap strips of DSP on the card front to finalize placement and do any desired trimming. I used Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere them to the card front. I peeled the remaining release paper from the foam on the wheat die cut and placed it on the card front. I used Early Expresso Ink to stamp the sentiments from the A Wish for Everything Cling Stamp Set on the card front and the inside.
I glued two DSP strips to the bottom edge of the inside of the card and then adhered the 2nd wheat die cut. I trimmed excess overhang from the bottom edge with the Paper Snips. I added a 1/4″ Bumblebee Gingham Trim bow with a Mini Stampin’ Dimensional (it fell in a recessed area) to embellish the card front. I adhered DSP to the Basic White Medium Envelope flap with Multipurpose Liquid Glue (Tip: apply the glue to the flap) and trimmed the excess DSP with Paper Snips.
Thank you for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed the card! If you have any questions or need a catalog, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. You can drop me an email at email@example.com. I’d love to hear from you!
Happy Stamp Dabbling!
- Visit my online store here.
- The current Host Code is M64EZV6W
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Reserve a Paper Pumpkin Subscription here.
- New to Stamping? Check out the Beginner’s Brochure here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – See Customer Rewards here. It’s my way to say thank you!
- In addition to my online store, I also take PayPal payments for orders. See the bottom of the Customer Rewards page here for details.
- Click here to purchase your Starter Kit. You’ll earn an extra Bundle for free during Sale-a-bration (in addition to the $125 in product for $99)!
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code – you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2021-22 Annual Catalog or January-June 2021 Mini Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!