Even though it is technically Autumn, it is the Dog Days of Summer here in Alabama where the nights are cool, but the days are still warm with dragonflies still fluttering around the gardens and ponds. I hope you enjoy this colorful Happy Birthday card that uses the Parisian Flourishes Embossing Folder and the Dragonfly Garden Bundle (Dragonfly Garden Stamp Set + Dragonflies Punch).
The inspiration for the colors comes from the Sunday Stamps Weekly Challenge SSC267 AUTUMN BOLDNESS. The requirement are to use of a minimum of 3 colors from the graphic below, plus a neutral of choice.
The Paper Cuts
- Thick Basic White Cardstock: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″ (card base)
- Basic White Cardstock: 3 3/4″ x 5 1/2″ (embossed panel), 4″ x 5-1/2″ (inside panel) and 3-1/4″ x 1″ (sentiment)
- Bermuda Bay Cardstock: 4-1/8″ x 5-1/2″ (front panel)
- Vellum Cardstock: 7-1/2″ x 2″ (Dragonfly punches)
I began by stamping three dragonflies in Tuxedo Black Ink on Vellum Cardstock. I colored these with Stampin’ Blends: Light Mango Melody, Dark Pumpkin Pie and Light Bermuda Bay. I applied Wink of Stella to the wings and punched the dragonflies out with coordinating punch. I used my Bone Folder to add a wave to the wings.
Next, I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment in Tuxedo Black on Basic White Cardstock and fussy cut it with my Paper Snips. I also stamped the sentiment on the inside panel along with the dragonfly. I added the dragonfly to the corner of the envelope. I colored the dragonflies with the Light Bermuda Stampin’ Blend and added Wink of Stella.
I ran the 3 3/4″ x 5 1/2″ Basic White panel through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine inside the Parisian Flourish 3D Embossing Folder with the No. 1 and No. 4 plates. I placed two pieces of the White 1/4″ Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon across the center fo the panel and adhered them to the back with Mini Glue Dots. I adhered the embossed panel to the Bermuda Bay panel and both to the card base and then the inside panel with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
I wrapped ribbon 3x around 4 fingers and tied it in the middle with a small piece of the ribbon. I popped the fussy cut sentiment on with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals and added the bow to the left with a Mini Glue Dot. The dragonflies were added with a Mini Glue Dot and then topped with a yellow 2021-23 In Color Jewel, an orange Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewel and a teal Artistry in Bloom Adhesive-Backed Sequin on the matching dragonfly.
Thank you for stopping by. If you have any questions or need a catalog, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. You can drop me an email at email@example.com. I’d love to hear from you!
Happy Stamp Dabbling!
- Visit my online store here.
- The current Host Code is M64EZV6W
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Reserve a Paper Pumpkin Subscription here.
- New to Stamping? Check out the Beginner’s Brochure here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – See Customer Rewards here. It’s my way to say thank you!
- In addition to my online store, I also take PayPal payments for orders. See the bottom of the Customer Rewards page here for details.
- Click here to purchase your Starter Kit. ($125 ion product for $99)!
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code – you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2021-22 Annual Catalog or January-June 2021 Mini Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!