I used the Stampin’ Up! Textures & Frames Photopolymer Stamp Set to make two fun, colorful birthday cards…one is simple stamping and the other is stepped up with a few more layers and embellishments. This stamp set is free with a $50 purchase during Sale-a-bration (through September 2021, while supplies last, brochure linked below). It is so easy to use…I don’t know why I’ve waited so long! I hope you enjoy the card!
Card 1 – Simply Stamped
The Paper Cuts
- Thick Basic White Cardstock: 11″ x 4 1/4″, scored at 5 1/2″ (base) and 5″ x 3 3/4″ (front panel)
- Basic Black Cardstock: 5 1/4″ x 4″
The stripes are made by stamping the solid brushstroke twice, with the narrow end at the top and bottom of the panel and slightly overlapping the wide end in the center. They are stamped with Calypso Coral Ink, Pear Pizzazz Ink, Bumblebee Ink and Misty Moonlight Ink. This color combination is so pretty! I added the “Celebrate” sentiment from the Create With Friends Stamp Set and the ink splatter image from Textures & Frames with Tuxedo Black Ink. The greeting on the inside is from the Friends Are Like Seashells Stamp Set. Portions of the brushstroke were added to the bottom edge of the inside of the card and to the bottom edge of the envelope. One dot from the paint spatter image was added inside, next to the sentiment.
Card 2 – Stepped Up
The Paper Cuts
- Calypso Coral Cardstock: 11″ x 4 1/4″, scored at 5 1/2″ (base)
- Basic Black Cardstock: 5 1/4″ x 4″ (front panel) and label die cut from Seasonal Labels Dies with the coordinating slits for the ends.
- Basic White Cardstock: 5″ x 3 3/4″ (front panel) and 5 1/4″ x 4″ (inside panel)
The stripes and inside panel are the same as for Card 1. The “Celebrate” sentiment is stamped with VersaMark Ink onto the Seasonal Label die cut, sprinkled with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder (excess tapped off) and melted with the Heat Tool. Two 4″ pieces of Glittered Organdy Ribbon were slipped through the side slits die cut into the label and taped to the back of the panel before being adhered to the card base with Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive. The label is supported with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Three Matte Black Dots were added with the putty end of the Take Your Pick Tool. The Calypso Coral card base give a little extra layer of color on the inside.
Which one do you like best?
Thank you for stopping by. If you have any questions or need a catalog, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. You can drop me an email at email@example.com. I’d love to hear from you!
Happy Stamp Dabbling!
- Visit my online store here.
- The current Host Code is MC3TZSYT
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Reserve a Paper Pumpkin Subscription here.
- New to Stamping? Check out the Beginner’s Brochure here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – See Customer Rewards here. It’s my way to say thank you!
- In addition to my online store, I also take PayPal payments for orders. See the bottom of the Customer Rewards page here for details.
- Click here to purchase your Starter Kit. You’ll earn an extra Bundle for free during Sale-a-bration (in addition to the $125 in product for $99)!
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code – you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2021-22 Annual Catalog or January-June 2021 Mini Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
Click the image above to view an electronic version of the new August – December 2021 Mini Catalog!