This card is made with the Beauty of Friendship Bundle from the upcoming 2021-22 Annual Catalog. This is my first time using it and it was so much fun to create with! I’m already juggling ideas for the next card. I also pulled in two current Designer Series Papers: Forever Greenery DSP and Natural Touch Specialty DSP (which has a beautiful wood texture). I hope you enjoy!
The Paper Cuts
- Garden Green Cardstock: 4 1/4″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 5 1/2″ (card base), 3″ x 3 1/2″ (tree die cut), and 4″ x 2″ (curvy die cuts).
- Basic White Cardstock: two 4″ x 5 1/4″ panels (front and inside) and 3″ x 1″ (sentiment label)
- Forever Greenery Designer Series Paper: 3″ x 3 1/2″ (tree die cut), 4″ x 1/2″ (inside), and 6′ x 2 1/2″ (env)
- Natural Touch Specialty Designer Series Paper: 3″ x 4 1/2″ (tree trunk die cut)
- Misty Moonlight Cardstock: 1″ x 1″ (bird die cut)
- With the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine I die cut the tree trunk with branches die from Beautiful Trees Dies in the Natural Touch Specialty Designer Series Paper, the two birds die from the Misty Moonlight Cardstock, the dappled tree top die from the Forever Greenery DSP, and the tree top outline die and the two “grass” die cuts (using the smooth edge of the dotted die from Curvy Dies) from Garden Green Cardstock.
- I used a Blending Brush to add Misty Moonlight Ink to a Basic White Panel. I began darker at the top and gradually lighter to the bottom for an ombre effect.
- I stamped the sentiments from the Beauty of Friendship Stamp Set in Garden Green Ink on the Basic White strip and the inside panel. I die cut the strip with the thinner label die in Beautiful Trees Dies and used the Triple Banner Punch to flag the end.
- I used Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere the tree trunk die cut to the tree top outline die cut and added the dappled tree top. This worked fine, but next time, I’ll pull out the Adhesive Sheets (I’ve included them in the products linked below) prior to die cutting to make this step easier. I also adhered the layered tree onto the center of the card front panel and topped with the two curvy layers at the base.
- I also adhered the sentiment tag, inside panel and DSP strip with liquid glue.
- I popped the birds up with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals and embellished with Garden Green Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
- I adhered the wider DSP strip to the Basic White Medium Envelope flap and trimmed the excess with the Paper Snips.
Let me know if you have any questions! You can drop me an email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d love to hear from you.
Happy Stamp Dabbling!
- Visit my online store here.
- The current Host Code is 992KH6UN
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Reserve a Paper Pumpkin Subscription here.
- New to Stamping? Check out the Beginner’s Brochure here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – See Customer Rewards here. It’s my way to say thank you!
- In addition to my online store, I also take PayPal payments for orders. See the bottom of the Customer Rewards page here for details.
- Click here to purchase your Starter Kit
April Host Code: 992KH6UN
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2020-21 Annual Catalog or January-June 2021 Mini Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
Butterfly Brilliance Collection – Early Release
Bring in the beauty of nature with the artistic designs of the Butterfly Brilliance Bundle and coordinating designer series paper, along with textured specialty paper that will put a pop of brilliance on every project. The Butterfly Brilliance Collection is an early release from the upcoming 2022 Annual Catalog and will be available now through May 3, 2021.
Sales Period: March 24th from 1:00 PM (MT) through May 3rd, 2021 at 11:59 PM (MT).
Here are the official retiring lists from Stampin’ Up!
Head over to my online store to pick up those retiring items now! They’re only available while supplies last from now through May 3!