Welcome to Amy’s Inkin’ Krew Blog Hop for June! Today we are sharing Birthday projects. You will find links at the bottom of my post to hop you along the way to the other projects. Be sure to visit them all to see how each team member interpreted the theme in what they made for you. I hope you will enjoy what I made!
I used the Batik Boutique Bundle from the 2021 -2022 Annual Catalog (page 114) to make this Happy Birthday card. The Batik Boutique Photopolymer Stamp Set (11 stamps) and the Batik Dies (9 dies) are discounted 10% when purchased together (#158362). The stamp set is Two-Step Stamping which means that there are stamps that fill in color inside of the outline stamps which is also why it is photopolymer to allow us to line the images up (and these line up super easy). At the end of the blog you can find links to all the products used in the making.
The Paper Cuts
- Bumblebee Cardstock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5 1/2″ (card base) and 3″ x 2 1/4″ (floral outline).
- 2020-2022 In Color 6″x6″ Designer Series Paper Assortment (Bumblebee): 4″ x 5 1/4″ (front panel), 2″ x 2 1/4″ (scallop floral accent) and 4″ x 1/2″ (inside strip).
- Night of Navy Cardstock: 2nd largest die cut from Stitched Rectangle Dies and 4″ x 2″ (floral detail).
- Basic White Cardstock: 3nd largest die cut from Stitched Rectangle Dies and 4” x 5 1/4” (inside panel).
- Misty Moonlight Cardstock: 4″ x 2″ (floral detail)
- Pear Pizzazz Cardstock: 2″ x 2″ (leaves)
I began by die cutting and assembling the floral image. I cut the large floral outline die in Bumblebee and the large detailed floral die and the tulip die in both Night of Navy and Misty Moonlight. I also cut the scallop floral accent die from Bumblebee DSP.
I used Multipurpose Liquid Glue and my Silicone Craft Sheet for all the adhering…first the navy outline to the yellow base, then the navy centers to the base just at the inside corner which allowed for some lift at the floral edge, and then the blue small accent pieces. The Take Your Pick Tool Putty Tip is super handy to maneuver the smaller pieces, or you could use the Press & Seal Method if you prefer. Once the glue was dry I used the pointy end of the Take Your Pick Tool to lift and curl the outer edges of the navy pieces for the dimension. Next I adhered the navy tulip outline to the yellow DSP, added the blue pieces and then added it to the larger portion (I did not line up the bottom edges of the two pieces, but placed the top one a little lower to allow more room for the petals to pop out).
With Pear Pizzazz Ink, I stamped the leaf outline image on Pear Pizzazz Cardstock and cut it out with the coordinating die. I added these to the floral image with Mini Glue Dots. I positioned the tag on the Basic White Stitched Rectangle die cut for spacing perspective and stamped the sentiments from Create With Friends Photopolymer Stamp Set (page 36, 17 stamps) with Night of Navy Ink.
With Night of Navy Ink, I stamped he sentiment from Artistically Inked Cling Stamp Set (page 97,12 stamps) on the Basic White inside panel, and also added the floral outline stamp on the lower left corner and on the Basic White Medium Envelope. With Misty Moonlight Ink and Bumblebee Ink I stamped the coordinating 2nd Step images inside the floral outline. I added the DSP strip and the inside panel to the card base with liquid glue.
To complete the card front I added the DSP panel to the card base, and the white stitched rectangle to the navy stitched rectangle, with liquid glue. I popped the navy stitched rectangle and the floral tag up with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I added a Crushed Curry Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewel to the floral image (on the tulip) and three Night of Navy ones around the sentiment. So pretty!
If you get lost along the way, the participants and links are listed below:
- Jaimie Babarczy
- Tara Carpenter
- Leslie Larkin
- Karen Finkle
- Jillian Good
- Karen Ksenzakovic
- Donna Leonard: You are Here
- Sue Prather
- Mary Deatherage
- Akiko Sudano
- Amy Koenders
If you have any questions or need a catalog, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. You can drop me an email at email@example.com. I’d love to hear from you!
Happy Stamp Dabbling!
- Visit my online store here.
- The current Host Code is 4DGWPN4B.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Reserve a Paper Pumpkin Subscription here.
- New to Stamping? Check out the Beginner’s Brochure here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – See Customer Rewards here. It’s my way to say thank you!
- In addition to my online store, I also take PayPal payments for orders. See the bottom of the Customer Rewards page here for details.
- Click here to purchase your Starter Kit
June Host Code: 4DGWPN4B
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2021-22 Annual Catalog or January-June 2021 Mini Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!