I saw a neat technique over at Connie Stewart’s Simply Stamping. She used clear packing tape to adhere glitter for a card front. I had to give it a try and so should you! It’s an easy, creative way to add a little sparkle. Have fun!
- Cherry Cobbler Cardstock: 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″ for the card base.
- Whisper White Cardstock: 4 x 5 1/4″ for the front layer, 2 1/2″ x 1 1/4″ for the front tag and 4″ x 5 1/4″ for the inside layer. A 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″ scrap for the house scene.
- Wrapped In Plaid DSP: 3″ x 5 1/4″ and a 1/2″ x 4″ strip for the inside.
- Stamp the Still Scene house in VersaMark on the scrap white paper. Sprinkle with Gold Embossing Powder and set with the Heat Tool. Color the image with the Stampin’ Blends. Apply Snowfall Accents Puff Paint to the snowy areas: tree, bush, roof and yard. Puff with the Heat Tool.
- Die Cut the Still Scenes image and the Rectangle Stitched label (2 3/8″).
- Use the Scripty Embossing Folder to emboss the white front layer.
- I stamped “PEACE” from the November Paper Pumpkin Kit in Shaded Spruce centered on the white label. You could use another message of your choice.
- Stamp the sentiment on the Whisper White inside layer in Shaded Spruce. You can use a sentiment of your choice. I used one from the Christmas Rose Stamp Set.
- Punch the 2 1/4″ circle from the bottom third of the DSP.
- Tear off a piece of clear packing tape the size of the circle. Fit the die cut house scene inside the circle in the desired position. It will go on top of the tape. Adhere the tape to the back of the DSP strip and the house scene.
- Apply the Ice Stampin’ Glitter to the tape and pressing it in to secure it well. TIP: I use a piece of computer paper folded in half and opened again under my card to catch the excess which can then easily be poured back into your container for future use.
- I adhered the dry embossed layer to the card and the white tag to the DSP with Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive. I used Stampin’ Dimensionals to raise the DSP layer. I adhered the inside layers with the liquid adhesive.
Drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Supplies used are linked below. If you don’t have a demonstrator I would love the opportunity to be your creative coach. See my Customer Rewards page for full details.
November Host Code: YRE6QKCV
If your order is under $150 use the Host Code to get a free gift. Orders under $50 get a free project tutorial and orders $50 and up a $10 item of your choice from the 2019-20 Annual Catalog or the 2019 Holiday Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! If your order is $150 or more you will receive your own Host Code for additional gifts.
See my Customer Rewards page for full details.
If you’re interested in subscribing to Paper Pumpkin you can purchase a prepaid subscriptions for monthly, 3 months, 6 month or 1 year in my online store. Paper Pumpkin also makes a great gift for the holidays. I can provide you a gift certificate ready to print for your special recipient.
December Paper Pumpkin Kit Details!
December’s Something for Everything kit includes a super-versatile stamp set complete with 13 sentiments that can be used for occasions ranging from wedding, to get well, birthdays, and more! Plus, the three full-sized card designs (four of each) are gorgeous AND multi-use. Paper Pumpkin’s December kit makes it easier than ever to give a handmade card to a friend—no matter what the occasion!
December Paper Pumpkin Kit Details:
- Makes 12 cards and envelopes
- Card size: 4 1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Envelope size: 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″
- Coordinating colors: Crushed Curry, Grapefruit Grove, Old Olive, Shaded Spruce, Terracotta Tile
- Subscribe for the December kit at paperpumpkin.com from November 11–December 10.
- Supplies may be limited toward the end of the subscription period.